Recently, there has been an explosion on the techy side of gadgets with continuous improvements aimed at making our lives better. There is an increased need for top-notch security at residences or business premises due to the rise of theft or other illegal activities. An interesting improvement that has caught the attention of many homes is the IP cameras.
An Internet Protocol ip camera is a type of digital camera often used for IP surveillance and unlike the analog CCTV cameras, it has the ability to transmit data through the internet or a computer network. It’s characterized by these distinct features:
- It is equipped with motion sensors that easily creates an alert once a movement happens. One is able to specify up to what range should the movement be detected or what area should the movement be disregarded.
- It has audio which records voices alongside the videos.
- It has night vision abilities which makes it a good camera if you want a 24/7 recording.
- IP cameras have weather-resistant abilities; it can withstand rain, sunshine, and dust.
- It has remote monitoring options. It’s equipped with a mobile app that allows one to view in real time on your phones or laptops. There is also an option of monitoring the happenings from any location in the world.
An IP camera will improve the life of a family in many different ways like:
- Family members have peace of mind as they can view live images of what is happening around their house from their phones or laptops. They also have the reassurance that the loved ones inside the house are okay.
- An outside IP camera can keep an eye on unwanted visitors who might come to your house.
- IP cameras have a high digital resolution that can be used to recognize faces which can help the authorities follow up on in case of burglary.
As the demand for security increases more IP cameras are introduced to the market with upgraded features, sleeker designs, and more uses. One of the latest products is the Xiaomi’s IP camera which has definitely made life more convenient because of the benefits it comes with.
- You can use the camera without internet connections; all it needs it’s either a WLAN or Wifi connection.
- The camera can be charged with a power bank and can create its own Wi-Fi network so you can carry it outside and use it with the phone so long as the distance between the camera and the phone is at least 10 meters.
- The images are clear and real time.
Generally, IP cameras are extremely user-friendly, easy to install and affordable! If you have been looking for a camera that will ensure your security is top-notch then look no more!