After the release of the Creality 3D printer series, Creality has turn out to be one of the fastest growing brands and the reason is that Creality does not compromise on machine quality; it will continue to be developed with better features and designs.
One of the most popular 3D printers in this series is Creality ender 3, which has many advantages, functions and features in a compact design.
1. How to assemble Creality Ender 3
As soon as you have the complete package in your hands and have seen it all, you can start with assembly.
To make it easier for you to understand, we can divide it into several parts and you can assemble them in turn. Below are the instructions you need to follow to assemble the Ender 3.
Install the frame
The first thing you need to do is assemble the frame. Remove the printer base; You don’t need to assemble the base as it is installed by default.
To install the frame, you must remove the toolbox from its packaging. Place the base on a flat surface so that you can place the frame easily and evenly.
There are two frames that need to be installed on each side; Each frame has two nut holes, put the frame in place, then tighten the nuts securely. The same applies for the other side of the frame.
Once the frame is positioned correctly, you will need to attach the brackets that will hold the power supply and LCD screen. The brackets further secure the frame and keep it in place and balanced during the printing process.
The bracket consists of an LCD screen and you will see a hole in the base of the frame that you need to connect.
Place it in the right place, adjust the hole, then secure it with nuts or bolts. Make sure it doesn’t move. The same process applies to the other brackets on the frame, which consist of the power supply unit.
Extruder and belt assembly
Once the bracket is in place, you need to attach the X-axis where the extruder is located and tape to control the movement.
The beam on the x-axis has pre-drilled holes; All you have to do is align it to the correct position and tighten the screws. Make sure the fan side is facing the front of the machine.
When you attach the belt, you will notice that there is a pulley at each end of the axle and you need to fasten the belt. Tighten the tensioner, tighten the screws and make sure that nothing is loose.
Since you are at this stage, you have completed most of the sections; Now you need to set up the printer cable.
But first make sure you tighten all the screws, nuts and bolts then move on.
There is a main power cable that you need to connect to the electrical panel; Continue; There will be axle motor cables and motor extruder cables.
Insert the wires into the appropriate sockets, remembering to match the wires on each side.
Creality Ender 3 can run on either 110 volts or 220 volts; Make sure you have it configured and are using the appropriate switching power supply.
2. How to Level Creality Ender 3
- The only tool you need to level your bed is a sheet of printer paper! Once you’re done, you’re fully good to go:
- Move the nozzle so that it is over the bottom left screw to adjust the bed.
- Slide the paper between the base and the nozzle. If you can place the nozzle properly, there should exist some gap between the two (otherwise you may end up scraping the base with the nozzle).
- Use the adjuster to increase the angle very slowly. Remember: clockwise (looking up) the bed moves up. Gently push the paper back and forth. As soon as you encounter the slightest resistance to moving the paper, refrain from turning the knob. This corner is (almost) ready to ride.
- Carry out sinilar activity for the other three corners of the build plate by mounting the nozzle over the respective set screw. Always move the hot end slowly to a new corner. This prevents damage to the build plate if the nozzle starts to grind. When this happens, just lower the next corner (before you start leveling) to make room.
- After adjusting each corner, go back and check all four corners again. You may need to make additional adjustments to get all four of them correct.
- And that’s it! You are now ready to print on the flatbed.
3. What software does Creality Ender 3 use?
Mandatory cropping program for 3D printers. You can’t print without it. There are many cutters with different price tags, but none more popular than the Cura.
Meshmixer is a great program for any printer. Meshmixer was developed by Autodesk and allows you to edit and shape individual models to create exactly what you are looking for. They also provide various tools to help you in editing the model.
Tinkercad is a browser-based 3D modeling tool ideal for beginners in the CAD field. It differs from other popular platforms in its simplicity. Complex geometries are mainly created by adding and subtracting simple solids such as cubes and spheres.
Autodesk’s Fusion 360 is a famous parametric modeling tool that will continue to serve you properly on your 3D printing journey. It is also popular in the amateur 3D printing community because it is free for amateurs and educational purposes.
4. What materials can Creality Ender 3 print
PLA (polylactic acid)
ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene)
Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
5. How to calibrate Creality Ender 3
Tighten the screw
While Creality 3D printers offer great value for money, there is a lack of quality control. This can be seen from the fact that the screws on many printers are not fully tightened.
Therefore, it is your responsibility as the user to ensure that all screws are tightened properly. It sounds easy, but it can make a huge difference at its core. Tightening the screws not only prevents problems like ghosting, but you can also significantly reduce the number of erroneous prints.
Flatten the bed
After making sure that each screw is tightened fairly evenly, you need to make sure that the Ender 3 boards are aligned to ensure full calibration of the Ender 3.
The belt tension on your Ender 3 also has a big impact on what your final 3D print will look like. Loose bands can cause ghosting, layer shifting, or dimensional accuracy issues.
You can easily tighten the belt by opening the bearing block and then moving it so that there is sufficient tension between the stepper motor and the bearing.
Proper sensitivity is very important here, because the voltage can neither be too strong nor too weak.
Eccentric Nut adjustment
The next important calibration for the Ender 3 concerns the eccentric nut. You can find these nuts under the bed and on the Z axis and can be turned until tightened with the wrench provided.
6. How to clean the Creality Ender 3 bed
- Use a scraper to remove any plastic or dirt from the previous mold.
- Apply the cleaning solution with warm soapy water, window cleaner, or isopropyl alcohol and let sit.
- Gently rub with a paper towel or sponge to remove residue.
- After cleaning, reuse the scraper if there are any left.
7. How to install Creality Ender 3 firmware firmware
- Download the latest version of the Marlin firmware.
- Extract the folder and go to the sample configuration folder located in the Marlin folder. Select the folder labeled Ender 3 in Sample Configurations and copy all the files there to the Marlin folder. When asked if you want to overwrite the existing one, click Yes.
- Go down to the marlin.ino file and tap to open it in the Arduino IDE.
- You can upload now. If you want to add bilinear leveling to the bed, continue to the next step. If not, make sure the printer is powered on via USB, the connection is correct, and the board is Sanguino. Then click the Upload button. If it lands in the shell, you’re done.
- Disconnect and connect the printer to the computer. Note that the printer may take longer to load than usual.
There you go! Those are the answers to the frequently aksed questions about Creality Ender 3. I hope this article goes a long way to help in resolving some of the challenges you will encounter using the 3D printer. Just in case you are looking for where to purchase this printer or spare parts, visit Banggood which is the global leading online shop; passion shopping on Banggood.