CX-S806 TV box is one of the first android boxes powered by Amlogic S812, providing both 4K UHD video output and H.265 codec support. It started selling for about 90 dollars with 2GB at the end of October, 2014, but now you can get the 2GB RAM version for 82.94 dollars, price including shipping from Banggood with excellent feedback.
As a reminder, i will list the full specs again:
- SoC – Amlogic S812 quad core cortex A9r4 @ 2.0 GHz with octa-core Mali-450MP6 GPU up to 600+ MHz
- System Memory – 1 to 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB flash. No SD card slot
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6330 wireless module)
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4b up to 2160p @ 30 Hz (Summary says HDMI 2.0, specs 1.4b), 3.5mm AV jack (composite + stereo audio)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – H.265 / HEVC MP@L5.0 up to 4k2k@30fps, H.264 AVC HP@L5.1 up to 4k2k@30fps, MPEG1/2/4 up to 1080p60, AVS up to 1080p60, WMV/VC-1 up to 1080p60, WebM up to VGA resolution, RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080p.
- Audio Formats/Codecs – MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AAC, Dolby, DTS, SRS, AC-3
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, including one OTG port.
- Misc – Reset button, recovery button.
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions – 160 x 96 x 31 mm
- Weight – 151 grams
The box runs android 4.4.4 Kitkat with MediaBox launcher, and comes with an IR remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter, and user’s manual.
I can’t find any reviews for CX-S806 yet, but if you buy one make sure it comes with S812, as earlier models featured Amlogic S802 instead. I haven’t review any Amlogic S812 devices yet, although i do have an M8S media player sitting on my sofa, but it has been collecting dust, since the firemware is not quite ready for testing, so i am just patiently waiting. Next week, i will receive a MINIX NEO X8-H plus, so i should finally able to try out Amlogic S812 4K/H.265 capabilities. But i do love the home screen UI of CX-S806, which is simple, cute and colorful.