We live in the era of science of technology flourishing with array of huge innovative products to make our life easy and comfortable. One such remarkable device of this era is Laser Thermometer or Infrared Thermometer, which helps you to measure accurate temperature of an object, body or an environment by using the blackbody radiation or the emissivity of that particle.
What is a Laser thermometer?
A laser thermometer is a thermometer which infers temperature from a portion of the thermal radiation sometimes called black-body radiation emitted by the object being measured. They are called laser thermometers as a laser is used to help aim the thermometer, or non-contact thermometers or temperature guns, to describe the device’s ability to measure temperature from a distance. By knowing the amount of infrared energy emitted by the object and its emissivity, the object’s temperature can often be determined within a certain range of its actual temperature. Infrared thermometers are a subset of devices known as “thermal radiation thermometers”.
The shape of these thermometers is more or less like a gun. There’s a region from where the laser is emitted. The laser ray is directly pointed to the surface whose temperature is to be measured. Though the path of the ray cannot be seen clearly, the point at which the ray touches the surface can be seen as a bright red dot. Within moments, the temperature of this incident area is reported by the thermometer.
Advantages of Laser Thermometer
1. The results are instantaneous. This is a great benefit, especially when creating clinical thermometers for infants. By using thermometers that work on the laser principle, it is no longer necessary to place the thermometer on the patient’s body and wait for a minute before taking the reading.
2. Laser thermometers don’t really need to be brought in contact with the object whose temperature needs to be measured. They can even measure temperature from a remote location. It is only necessary that the path of the laser shouldn’t be obstructed. It is for this reason that the laser-based thermometers are also called as non-touch thermometers.
3. All these thermometers are digital, which makes it much easier to get readings from them.
Applications of Laser Thermometer
1. They are used in measuring body temperatures, especially in the form of ear thermometers, which are extensively used for measuring body temperature in babies.
2. They are used to find the temperature of food. Whether food is just removed from the refrigerator or from the oven, these thermometers can accurately tell what its temperature is, which helps you decide whether you want to eat the food or wait a while.
3. They are used in industry in determining places where there might be heat leakages. A routine laser thermometer scan of the whole area will show if there’s any place where there’s excessive heating.
4. Similarly, they are used by firefighters. If a particular area is just about to catch fire, a laser thermometer will be able to find its increased temperature in advance, and hence it will give the firefighters some advance warning.
In this time when the World has been under attack by the Coronavirus. The use of this laser thermometer is very crucial because you do not need contact with an individual to check his or her temperature. At Banggood.com there are laser thermometers of different brand and they are of top quality.